Welcome to my first day as a stay-at-home mom! Yesterday I traded in my suit and heels for my "susie homemaker" badge.
I awoke this morning (at 6:30am, I might add) ready to tackle the day. I had visions of pumpkin pancakes, a stroll to the park, and sitting in the grass, in my head. Instead my lovely C decided that she'd rather sleep until 9am and let me sip coffee, shower, and really just feel a torrential let down for my first morning. Why the heck didn't I go back to sleep?! Big dreams here that led way into reality: nothing goes as planned with a 13 month old!
I've worked a very corporate job for the last 5 years. I've managed a lot of good and [terrible] not so good employees. I am hoping that the skill set I have from this job will make me a productive mom to an ever so active toddler. I am guessing, however, that I am very naive. Part of this blog will explore my cooking adventures. I have big plans for homecooked, healthy meals. I'll be sure to share those as a part of the cooking networking us moms love. In addition I strive to be a little more "green friendly" every day. This is not an easy task when you break down how much we actually use and abuse. My first step, as a mother, was to pave the way for a child to be green as well. C is cloth diapered, which was my first real attempt at be concious of waste. Any challenges and/or success that I encounter will be shared!
And we're off....!
Today's menu to share:
Pumpkin Pancakes - http://www.cafemom.com/group/114484/forums/read/14911034/Pumpkin_Pancakes_for_Fall
Holy delicious! C went nuts for them - she was especially a fan of the whipped cream cheese frosting!

0 comments:
Post a Comment